Read > Lead > Achieve
For more than 100 years, Pi Beta Phi has believed in the power of reading. Read > Lead > Achieve® is Pi Beta Phi's philanthropic effort, which inspires a lifelong love of reading that can unlock true potential creating a more literate and productive society. It is easy to get involved in Pi Beta Phi's Read > Lead > Achieve reading initiatives. Our charge is for each and every Pi Beta Phi to find a way they can participate, donate or advocate for Read > Lead > Achieve!
Pi Phi's international Read > Lead > Achieve initiatives include the following:
- Fraternity Day of Service - Pi Beta Phi's international day of literacy-related service celebrated in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday.
- Champions are Readers ® Pi Beta Phi's unique reading enrichment program for students in prekindergarten through third grade.
- The Literacy Advocacy Project - an advocacy training program presented by Pi Beta Phi in partnership with the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy.
- Arrow in the Arctic - Pi Phi’s Canadian philanthropy, Arrow in the Arctic, supports reading in Canada’s Northern library systems: the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Read > Lead > Achieve Month - Throughout the month of September, Pi Beta Phi is dedicated to raising awareness for Read > Lead > Achieve!
STYLED UP: A FASHION SHOW FOR A CAUSE
In Fall 2019 a chapter of Pi Beta Phi and a chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma came together at the University of San Diego with a shared goal and passion about trying to make our world a better place.
We held a fashion show in support of The Rapunzel Project, an organization that helps provide chemotherapy patients with cold caps that help patients keep their hair during treatment.
Contestants sported two different outfits, a jungle themed piece and ABC (anything but clothes) outfits that were creative outfits made out of repurposed items. All proceeds went straight to The Rapunzel Project, so the organization can continue to empower people fighting chemotherapy.